Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. The Vince McMahon of Boston Sports Journal, Greg Bedard, comes out strutting with a lineup of champion free agents in his column An early look at NFL free agents, Brady & Raiders, divisional round picks. The list of available players will have Patriots fans chanting when the pyrotechnics start, until he announces the main event, revealing the alarmingly bad quarterback market. But as a guest on Jason McIntyre's Podcast, Bedard redeems himself by turning into Stone Cold Greg Austin, when an overly confident Jason McIntyre jumps off the top rope with a flying "Dynasty-is-over" elbow, only to have Bedard block and counter with a Stone-Cold Stunner. One, two, three. Ding! Ding! Ding! "And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold Greg said so!"
2. Trying to keep Patriots fans off the ledge, I've been scratching and clawing for positive stories, and Tyler Sullivan of CBSSports give us Seven steps to get Patriots back into Super Bowl contention. Obviously the first step is for the Patriots to admit they have a problem. Second is believing in a higher—. Oh. Wait. Am I thinking of something else?
3. Like a pimply teenager, Julian Edelman news keeps breaking out all over the place. First, a report by Zack Cox of NESN says: Julian Edelman played most of the season with this painful injury. Then Henry McKenna of Patriots Wire tells us that Mighty Mouse will undergo at least 2 medical procedures this offseason. Then, Brad Crawford of 247 Sports wrote how JE11's Gronk-ish shenanigans, got him arrested in Beverly Hills. But before you scold that rascally Edelman, Bernd Buchmasser of Pats Pulpit reminds us that Julian Edelman wins this very prestigious award. Please tell me it was Belichick who bailed Julian out: Edelman, "Thanks coach. It wasn't my fault. Paul Pierce triple-dog dared me, and—" Hoodie, "Get in the car. Wait 'til we get home." Edelman, "But, but—" Hoodie, "Say another word, and you're getting a fresh one."
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, 98.5 The Sports Hub's own, Matt Dolloff's article informs us that NFL lets fans vote for the "greatest moments" in league history and naturally it's a slanted anti-Patriots sham. Ah, the adorable petty Haters. These diaper-wearing, binky-sucking, temper-tantrum throwing brats would pass on a filet mignon because it was served on a Patriots plate for a cube steak in a McDonald's wrapper. Seriously. Grow up, cry-babies.
5. Mike Reiss of ESPN breaks down the odds of