Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. Ever have a crusty old family member constantly throw the same piece of eye-rolling advice at you, only to have it come true one day? Sam Monson of Pro Football Focus lectures us on how Patriots' failure at drafting skill position players has dynasty at a crossroads. Throughout the past six months, Boston Sports Journal's own, Greg Bedard, has used a paragraph here and there in many of his columns to warn us of recent poor drafts eventually coming home to roost. Now dagnabbit! Get off Grampa Greg's lawn before he returns from the barbershop and takes back that shiny nickel he gave you for picking up his tobacky!
2. Three years from now when Tom Brady retires in a Patriots uniform, bringing all of humanity together to join hands and sing Christmas Carols in July while we all finally give peace a chance, Ryan Gaydos of Fox News offers info on New Englands next potential QB with 5 things to know about Patriots' quarterback Jared Stidham. Ha. See ... this Brady thing isn't making me crazy. Oh look! The Easter Bunny's ringing a unicorn! Make a wish!
3. With the NFL draft three-and-a-half excruciating months away, The Draft Network presents Jonah Tuls' 2020 NFL mock draft 4.0. What's so tough about this draft thing, anyway? Just pick the next Brady, Gronk, and Edleman and poof! ... problems solved.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, Bucky Brooks of NFL.com adds his two cents in Pats should let Brady walk. His patronizing tone — as if this is what's best for us meek Patriots fans and we're better off — will have you taking his two pennies and plunking them off his smug puss. .... Leave that complicated winning-decision stuff to the adults in the Gillette conference room.
5. In a fun little piece put together by