Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. PATRIOTS' FAN WARNING: This is not for the faint of heart. The Robert Kraft of Boston Sports Journal, Greg Bedard, doesn't just fire off Tom Brady's options in New England's horrifying upcoming offseason with his column Gauging the market for free-agent Tom Brady and what might happen. He then reaches for the bazooka and blows a hole in your chest with a potential scenario for the Patriots that can only be described as Butt-Fumble-Bad. Tadd Haislop of Sporting News does his best to match Bedard with Where will Tom Brady play in 2020? Breaking down QB's free-agent options to stay, retire or leave Patriots. Can someone just sedate me until 2025?
2. God bless Ian O'Connor of ESPN for feeding us imprisoned-in-the-unknown Patriots' fans a scrap of positivity. He states his case for why Tom Brady can't leave the Patriots after this loss: Why He should stay. I still think the most likely scenario is TB12 returns to New England, (80% sure of this, Chargers 18%, another team, 1%, Retirement 1%) so it's important not to read only doom-and-gloom news. Even at 80%, the number still makes me feel like a child in a dark basement full of clowns.
3. No Alfred Hitchcock twist-ending found in this list from Brad Gagnon of The Comeback: The 10 best NFL coaches of the decade. However, what is surprising is some of the names on the list, and particularly the order after the Hoodie is dubbed #1.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution clearly wants to, but doesn't quite pull a Max Kellerman by proclaiming Brady is spiraling off a cliff in his column The era of Brady & Belichick has ended. (Well, hasn't it?) I'll give Mark credit. He has enough brains to not go full-Hack Kellerman. Probably from recent trauma he experienced counting the Patriots out in years past. Who's a scared little puppy?!
5. Oliver Thomas of Pats Pulpit gives us New England's very first moves to building their 2020 roster with his article