Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
LATE BREAKING BONUS ADDITION: ESPN’s senior insider, Adam Schefter is reporting that former Patriots defensive lineman, Richard Seymour, is a Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist. This will be a perfect launching point for today’s edition of STEVE’S SOAPBOX. Congrats, 93!
1. Rocky Bedard and Ivan Kuharsky continue to throw haymakers in their fight to inform Patriots and Titans fans on everything they need to know about Saturday night’s battle. Paul Kuharsky jabs with View from Nashville: In Derrick Henry, A.J. Brown and Jonnu Smith, Titans have a trio no one wants to tackle as Greg Bedard counters with an uppercut in When it comes to bouncing back, Stephon Gilmore has it covered. Bedard can’t see! Cut him, Mick!
2. Seeing how I can’t find a single soul outside of New England who’s picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl, I’m connecting you with ESPN’s Bill Barnwell’s guide to How all 12 teams can win the Super Bowl. For the first time in forever, the Patriots don’t have to Jedi mind trick themselves into slapping down the “Disrespect Card.” Where’s the great Rodney Harrison when you need him? I can tell you where he isn’t and should be … wearing a gold jacket in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
3. The local knowledge provided by insiders like Bedard and Kuharsky is usually the most true and telling, but it never hurts to get a neutral opinion from an outsider. Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com offers a Patriots-Titans: AFC Wildcard Weekend preview and his prediction for the big game.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, Dennis Young of The New York Daily News wrote about how play-by-play “professional” Kevin Harlon announces Patriots’ choke job live during Chiefs game. Only thing missing was Kevin “Hardo” yelling, “Ah ha, Patriots! Screw you!” So much for national analysts being unbiased. Of course, all of us Patriots fans know this is a joke, especially when we listen to Dan “Never-Went-to-a-Super-Bowl” Fouts call a New England game. I used to get mad at this crap, but then I realized it’s far better to be great and hated, then be a loser who no one cares about.
5. I don’t just frolic through the Cotton Candy forest in glee when it comes to my beloved Patriots. I do love me some hard-truth, and