Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. Well ... that sucked. One of the biggest reasons why our readers subscribe to Boston Sports Journal is they get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And Greg Bedard hands out plenty here. Hard truth. In his column, Bill Belichick's best-laid plans go bust as Patriots' season melts away, he details where it all went down a Gillette Stadium crapper. Paul Kuharsky — who covers the Titans and has teamed up all week with Greg to analyze every nook and cranny of the game — gave his view on Saturday night's slugfest in his piece, Mike Vrabel's 'team of believers' lives on in the playoffs. Thanks for all of your insight this week, Paul!
2. BSJ's own Hector Longo shared his take on the disappointing end to New England's season with two articles. In Good just not enough for Patriots defense in defeat, and Taylor (Lewan)-made Titans' gameplan simply steamrolled Patriots, Hector portrays the runaway bulldozer named Derrick Henry who unfortunately exorcised the Boogeymen. When it came to stopping the run, the Patriots defense was about as scary as a bag of cuddly stuffed animals.
3. Christian D'Andrea of SBNation stays positive with his article The Patriots' early playoff exit doesn't have to be the end of the Tom Brady era. The biggest gripe most had with this year's team was Tom Brady's popgun weapons. Read why Christian believes that will change next year if the legend stays. With this being a copy cat league, if Brady does return, he will need another receiver or two to go with Julian Edelman who can beat man coverage. Until the GOAT has playmakers who can help him shred man like he does zone, that's all he's likely to see.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, Dennis Young of the New York Daily News writes what 98% of America wants, The Patriots might finally be dead. The "Ah-Ha-Haters" are out in droves, rejoicing everywhere with their memes and social media comments. Good to know our Patriots still own some prime real estate in the little brains of these flunkees.
5. Conor Ryan of BSJ took a break from his stellar Bruins work to inform us that