Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. Even though the halls of Gillette stadium are barren as players and coaches hit the golf course, Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal has been a busy man. After giving his take on if Eli Manning is Hall of Fame worthy, Greg gives BSJ readers exclusive insight on who impressed and who didn't out of these NFL hopefuls.
2. The Patriots were the oldest team in the league and are faced with many veterans who are no longer under contract. With that comes a lot of questions on who might be moving on to other teams or simply retiring. Mike Reiss of ESPN tells us which long-time Patriot isn't ready for AARP benefits and hopes to be back. Oliver Thomas of Pats Pulpit updates us on if this spiritual leader is hanging it up or moving on from the Patriots. Hurts to say, but personally, I'd let both go unless they are willing to take half of last year's salary. One is toward the top of the pay scale at a position that's being phased out, the other has been a good player for years, but has been paid like Ed Reed for a long time and he has never been that type of game-changer.
3. I've stated before that I love me some Colin Cowherd. His takes are well thought out and he never says anything outlandish just for ratings or pub. Ricky Doyle of NESN writes about Mr. Cowherd giving several reasons why Tom Brady will stay with the Patriots. Can we add these to the Ten Commandments? "Thou shall keep Brady."
4. Imagine a one-hit-wonder band from your childhood, rereleasing a slightly different version of the same song every year, and people just kept slapping cash on the counter for more. Kevin O'Connell of Fox Sports gives us the tired old Rob Parker who once again is talking smack about Tom Brady and somehow keeps getting called onto sports news outlets to say the same ... damn ... things. Fast forward to 2028. Rob Parker on ESPN17: "Another thing about Brady, who by the way did I mention is overrated?" Zzzzzzzz.
5. It may be 3 months away, but that won't stop us fans from