Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. As New Englanders enjoy a rare warm week in January, Greg Bedard summons the clouds and unleashes his alter ego, Storm, and rains terror on Pats fans with the Patriots' 2020 depth chart, drenching them with fear. Geesh, Greg, why don't you add salt to the wound and schedule a foot of snow for the weekend? Storm Bedard then flew to the set of Felger & Mazz. where he used his thunderous Rodgers-versus-Stidham-situation take to blast the polarizing talk show to a crisp with lightning. Nice work on that one, Greg. Looking pretty buff there in that spandex jumpsuit!
2. Jason Fitzgerald of Sporting News takes out the big soup pot to Explains the Patriots' salary cap crunch and how it will impact Tom Brady. Jason empties the cupboard, fridge, and spice rack, factoring in all of the ingredients that could shape the Patriots roster next year. Will it be a savory bowl of lobster bisque, or a nose crinkling helping of stinky stew?
3. If you're not learning, you're not growing. Chad Finn of Boston.com refuses to settle for mediocrity and hits the books to discover what can the Patriots learn from the divisional round? Failure is a great motivator, and no one fixes their flaws and comes back with a vengeance like the Patriots.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, someone call DSS on this poor kid's parents. Last year, Damond Talbot of Draft Diamonds reported 10-year-old Ace Davis won his science fair for coming to the conclusion that Tom Brady and the Patriots are cheaters. Leave it to a majority of parents to let their petty resentment toward New England's success encourage them to brainwash their kids into thinking, "if ya can't beat 'em, accuse 'em of cheating!" Yeah, real smart. Don't use the Patriots' relentless hard work to achieve greatness as a tutorial to teach your children. Forget about showing your kid that even if they are a scrawny twerp like Tom Brady was at the scouting combine, they can become the greatest of all time like him if they bust harder than anyone else. Loser Moms and Dads, grow up.
5. Much has been written about the gaggle of Patriots players who are