Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. Hide your cell phones and clean out your lockers, kids. Pocket-protector-wearing Greg Bedard slaps his ruler on the desk and hands out his Patriots' unit grades for 2019. Some legit surprises here. When it came to Tom Brady's performance, my eyes told me one thing, but Mr. Bedard's numbers showed another. Also, see how Maurice Moton of Bleacher Report graded the 2019 Pats.
2. Ben Linsey of Pro Football Focus gives his Break out player for every position in 2020-21, and guess what? There's a Patriot on the list and he mans a key spot on the offense. This wouldn't fix all of New Englands' problems, but certainly a few.
3. In his first two years as Ram's head coach, Sean McVay's offensive scheme set fire to defenses across the league. Wanting a sprinkle of that magic McVay fairy dust, teams hired any and all coaches affiliated with the Wiz Kid. Now, Bernd Buchmasser of Pats Pulpit reports that the Browns are trying to pilfer their next GM from the Patriots. With double-digit GM and head coaches connected to Bill Belichick, it feels like other teams are squeezing the poor little Patriots fairy to death.
4. In my Salty Tears Take of the day, Nate Davis of USA Today throws in a dig about the Tuck rule and pleads his case — with a batch of disclaimers to cover his butt — that the Titans could be the next New England Patriots. Problem is, even if Mike Vrabel is the next Belichick, (I just literally LMAO, excuse me while I screw it back on) there's a certain piece Tennessee might be missing? Hmmm. What ... could that ... be? Oh yeah. Tom Brady ... Keep dreaming.
5. In a piece by Hayden Bird of Boston.com, Karate Kid Garoppolo reveals the important