A few random thoughts while I wonder what the NFL will do to counteract all this pain discussion recently...
- Rob Gronkowski revealed his "next chapter": he's partnering with CBD Medic to push for legalization of CBD in sports.
- Gronk talked about how much pain he was in after the Super Bowl, and how the pain had affected his life. A return to football is far from imminent, but he didn't rule it out.
- “Wherever I go, Patriot fans always ask, am I coming back, when I’m coming back, where am I coming back? I’m walking across the street, and they’re like, ‘You’re walking because you’re coming back.’ It’s crazy. I understand. I feel that love. But I want to be clear to my fans: I needed to recover. I was not in a good place. Football was bringing me down, and I didn’t like it. And I was losing that joy in life.” He later added: “I’m not retired from life. I want the joy in life again. I want the passion in life again. … That’s where I’m at in life. I’m enjoying it, and it’s a good place.”
- "When I feel like my body’s top-notch, my soul, my mind, mentally and physically, I’m ready, then I would go back to the NFL — if I ever get to that point."
- Hearing Gronk speak emotionally about this (vid below), you almost wish for him that he doesn't return to football and just goes off and finds happiness.
- The Patriots are unlikely to have center David Andrews this season as he deals with a blood clot in his lungs. Good player and a captain, but it's nothing the Patriots haven't dealt with before.
- My latest 53 ... one backup QB.
- Jaylen Brown lighting it up Down Under.
- I'm making my return to Felger & Mazz today, from 2-4.
Time to hit the links...
Noon: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
2-4 p.m.: Bedard on Felger & Mazz (NBCSN, 98.5-FM)
7 p.m.: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
8 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
8:40 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Rockies (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Tough watching Gronk get emotional ...
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.