ATLANTA — Good morning!
A few random thoughts while I wonder if Kyle Connor is still scoring in Don Sweeney's face...
- It's the NFL's version of Groundhog Day. Every Tuesday of Super Bowl week, a nicely dressed Bill Belichick takes to the podium at the Super Bowl site and then ... charms the pants off everyone. I admire him for his consistency.
- Doesn't matter if some jackass from WAAF takes the microphone to ask if can take a selfie with the HC of NE or if he's asked to say hi to the many Patriots fans in China (29 million out of 30 million Chinese NFL fans, who knew?), Belichick greets everyone with a warm smile and a nice answer. Quick, someone give him a baby to kiss.
- You can take the football coach out of New England ... and you can apparently get a brand new demeanor with just a change of scenery.
- What in the name of Ernie Adams is going on here? Where's the snorts, the grumbles, the death stares? Even some guy who trashed Matt Patricia in asking a question got an actual answer. Back home, Belichick would just stare at them before grunting, "I'm working hard to prepare for our team for X. You'd have to ask Detroit how their season is going (lingering stare)."
- Hoodie, I don't even know who you are anymore.
- All kidding aside, Belichick knows how to play to an audience. He knows millions are watching him. He's also dealing with several national reporters who could help him down the line. Belichick's playing the game.
- I actually like seeing it. This is the Belichick he often shows off in one-on-one settings. Wish we got it more at home.
Time to hit the links...
Aaron Donald knows he has to get to Tom Brady quickly for Rams have a chance Sunday
Podcast: Price talks Patriots, Super Bowl with SportsRadio 950 KJR 01.29.19
Podcast: Bedard on Radio Row with Felger & Mazz 01.29.19
While Josh Gordon is gone from Patriots’ locker room, ex-mates say he’s not forgotten
Fourteen right hooks later, Trent Frederic’s bombastic debut might be just what Bruins’ young core needed
BSJ Game Report: Jets 4, Bruins 3 (SO) – Bergeron, Frederic impress, but B’s come up short
Final: Jets 4, Bruins 3 (SO) — B’s fall in shootout
Twelve years removed from first meeting, Trent Frederic & David Backes serving as linemates for rookie’s NHL debut
Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL, Wednesday at 5 p.m.
9:45-11:30 a.m.: Super Bowl — Rams availability (Bedard, Price)
4-5:15 p.m.: Super Bowl — Patriots availability (Bedard, Price)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on NHL/Bruins
7 p.m.: MCBK — Maine at UMass Lowell (NESN Plus)
7 p.m.: MCBK — Providence at Seton Hall (FSN)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Hornets at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
8 p.m.: MCBK — Syracuse at BC (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Fight? Check. Missed high five? Check. Lasting memories: Priceless.
Need help? See a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.