Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. With headlines of Tom Brady's impending free agency, lack of weapons, and offensive solutions clogging Patriots news feeds everywhere, it's easy to overlook the potentially shocking changes that could be coming to the defense. Mike Dussault of Patriots.com wonders if New England can build a new defensive foundation this offseason? How confident are you in the next wave of these young players possibly taking over for longtime pillars like Devin McCourty and Kyle Van Noy?
2. These can be fun, and like always, the Patriots are mentioned more than the temperature on a warm New England day in January. The SBNation Staff gives us their 10 way-to-early predictions for the 2020 NFL season. Is it too early to predict Florida Steve will be at his pool when it's 80 degrees this Sunday?
3. Boy I hope these two are right. Taylor Kyles and Bernd Buchmasser of Pats Pulpit have their own film session to determine if Mohamed Sanu can still become a contributor in the Patriots offense. A full offseason and training camp will certainly help, but Mr. Sanu needs a monster year to justify the high price it took to trade for him.
4. So ... apparently this guy is famous? Gabby Guerard of NESN tells us about this Max Kellerman/Rob Parker wannabe, Nick Wright, and all of his "Hot Takes" that disrespect Brady. Gabby also includes a couple links at the end where Nick Wrong leaves Brady off of his "Top Playoff Runs" list and names Patrick Mahomes the most clutch QB ever. Hack Kellerman, Yawn Parker, and Nick Wrong. Nuk, Nuk, Nuk.
5. Draft, Free Agency, Training Camp. Curious as to