Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. If you'd like to know the intricate details that explain the truth about Jimmy Garoppolo's Super Bowl performance, Boston Sports Journal's own Greg Bedard hits the film room to tell you, How Garoppolo actually played, and would a Brady swap make sense? So my opinion on Jimmy's perfor — wait ... what! That last part. Talk about burying the lead!
2. For obvious reasons, much of the focus in these parts has been on Tom Brady, layered with Tom Brady, next to a side of Tom Brady, with Tom Brady sprinkled on top. But Matt Dolloff of 98.5 The Sports Hub gives us the Honey-Do list of everything the Patriots need to accomplish that doesn't involve a QB. It's a pretty meticulous list, that I suggest washing down with a glass of Tom Brady.
3. Like any great mystery, clues are dropped throughout the story, leading to a big reveal. Henry McKenna of Patriots Wire pieces together all of the subtle Brady/Patriots rumors as of late, and he can't help but wonder if TB12 and New England are posturing for their upcoming contract negotiation? You know, if we lock them in a room and tell them they can't come out until they get a deal down, then add my wife and bring up politics ... papers will get signed fast!
4. Before you skip over this story due to deserved disgust with this player, there might be something afoot here. First, Brad Crawford of 247 Sports informs us that Antonio Brown has offered an apology for his recent actions, then, Dakota Randall of NESN also reports that Tom Brady and Brown have stayed in touch since the Patriots booted the receiver on his rear. I hope Brady isn't thinking of using the "if I'm coming, he's coming too" leverage against the Patriots or any other team he negotiates with. The thought has me wanting to vomit for fun.
5. This came out of nowhere.