Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. The final exam scores are in. In his sixth and final chapter of this microscope-thorough segment detailing the Patriots 2019 season, Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal lets us know which players gave the standout Patriots defense elite play. Easy to see why the defense carried the team for most of the year.
2. This has flown under the radar and could be crucial to Tom Brady coming back to New England. Dakota Randall of NESN reports that the Chargers might not be interested in Brady despite reports. Hollywood, nice weapons, good cap space, Larry David. Besides the Patriots, most feel the Chargers have the best shot at lassoing the GOAT. If they aren’t interested, that’s a Ron Burgundy kind-of-big-deal.
3. Always fun to Monday Morning Quarterback with previous drafts. Josh Edwards of CBSSports goes back in time one year and gives us his 2019 NFL draft Do-Over. Here's a bit of a spoiler: he doesn't have the Patriots taking N'Keal Harry. Also, Eric Edholm of Yahoo Sports takes a crack at telling the future with his two-round NFL 2020 mock draft.
4. He may have driven people nuts with constantly changing his mind about retiring or playing on, but the man has experience here. Dean Straka of 247 Sports tells us what advice the Wrangler-wearing gunslinging Brett Favre gave Brady about playing in his 40's. Did he really want to help Brady out, or just try to get him to buy one of those Copper Fit thingamajigs?
5. It may feel like it’s Brady, on top of Brady, multiplied by Brady, but there are a few other key Patriots who are approaching