Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. It felt like the Patriots didn't give Michael Bennett a fair shake. There were no rumors or video evidence of him freelancing or not buying in, just an unexplained decrease in snaps each week, before dumping him for nothing. Bennett explained his side of the story with Felger & Mazz, and Boston Sports Journal's own Greg Bedard has the interview here and gives his take on Bennett's words.
2. The million-dollar question for Patriots fans is, "Will Tom Brady return?" But what might be the one-hundred-thousand-dollar question is raised by Mike Reiss of ESPN, in his column what the Patriots wide receivers might look like in 2020. Hopefully they have a solid plan, that convinces the GOAT to stick around.
3. In what should be a slam dunk at this point, Doug Kyed of NESN gives us the chance to read Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's HOF endorsements for Richard Seymour. The letters are amazing, and with Ty Law already in, it's time for the Hall to start recognizing the early group who started the greatest dynasty in football history.
4. Oliver Thomas of Pats Pulpit lets us know that when it comes to Spygate 2.0, Roger Goodell states that he is "going to get it right." I mean, I know I trust a man of such integrity as Mr. Goodell. He has shown time and time again that he always does what's best for the league, and when it comes to handing out discipline, the crime always equals the punishment. Eye-rolling emoji.
5. Patriots fans will always love this man for sacrificing his mind and body for the team, but man has