A few random thoughts while I wonder if this is the breaking point...
- In case you missed it, Antonio Brown is in the news again for ... just read it.
- Bottom line is, the woman previously told SI that Brown sexually harassed her. He allegedly responded by including her on a group text message where he's clearly trying to intimidate the woman, right down to talking about investigating her and including a picture of her children.
- Oh, and Brown's attorney confirmed the existence of the group text threat.
- At the least, this is a terrible look by Brown. The NFL is investigating you and you tell another alleged victim that, basically, she better watch herself or he's going to go after her and her children?
- At worst, this could be the final straw for the NFL as far as putting Brown on the exempt list, or for the Patriots in releasing Brown.
- If the Patriots do release Brown, I don't expect it to happen before Bill Belichick's 11:15 a.m. press conference. The Patriots' style would be to do it after, so Belichick doesn't have to talk about it until after the game on Sunday.
- In on-field action, I took a look at the Patriots' superb secondary and how one play showed how tough it is to play against.
- Red Sox won behind E-Rod and his quest for 20 wins.
- Bruins beat the Flyers in preseason action.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: One play showed how perfect opponents have to be against this Patriots secondary
BSJ Live Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL, 11 a.m. Saturday
Antonio Brown finally speaks as a Patriot – ‘I’m super grateful to be here’
Coyle’s line a possession buzzsaw, Clifton’s eventful night & more takeaways from Bruins’ preseason win over Flyers
Charlie Coyle on Bruins’ intention to keep him at center: ‘It’s really big for my game’
Completed Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins, NHL & more – 9.19.19
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Rays (NESN)
5 p.m.: MLL — Dallas at Boston (NBCSB)
6:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Rays (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: MLS — Salt Lake at Revolution (NBCSB)
Noon: Boston College at Rutgers (BTN)
Noon: UConn at Indiana (BTN)
1 p.m.: Coastal Carolina at UMass (NESN)
1 p.m.: NFL — Jets at Patriots (CBS)
1:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Rays (NESN)
4:05 p.m.: NFL — Giants at Bucs (Fox)
4:25 p.m.: NFL — Saints at Seahawks (CBS)
8:20 p.m.: NFL — Rams at Browns (NBC)
[table id=224 /]
I tried https://t.co/xqagg4Ljp4
— Greg A. Bedard (@GregABedard) September 20, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.