GAME: No. 13 of 82
WHO: Celtics (10-2) vs. Hornets (5-6)
WHEN: 7:30 EST
WHERE: TD Garden
RADIO: 100.7 WZLX
TV: NBC Sports Boston
BOX SCORE: NBA.COM
Projected Starting Lineups:
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Marcus Morris
C: Aron Baynes
Inactive list: Al Horford entered the league's concussion protocol on Wednesday and is out for the second straight game. Gordon Hayward (leg) is out.
PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Jeremy Lamb
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Marvin Williams
C: Dwight Howard
Inactive list: Nicolas Batum and Julyan Stone are out. Treveon Graham (ankle) is questionable.
THIRD QUARTER THOUGHTS
- Early injury scare for Marcus Morris in the quarter as the veteran forward took a hit under the basket and remainder down for several seconds. He remained in the game but clearly still isn't at full strength with his knee despite scoring eight points in the frame. He remains on a minutes limit.
- Jaylen Brown joined Marcus Smart on the shooting woes train. He went 1-of-10 from the field through three frames, but has been a monster on the glass right now with 10 rebounds.
- Brad Stevens has not been happy with the officiating for most of the night after a couple tough loose ball fouls and shooting foul calls that haven't gone Boston's way
- Careless turnovers on a couple easy perimeter passes by Boston, which has prevented the hosts from really making any progress on a double-digit Hornets lead all quarter.
- Nice stretch continued for Larkin, as he drew a couple of shooting fouls in his minutes at the end of the quarter.
SECOND QUARTER THOUGHTS
- Very nice stretch for Shane Larkin to start second quarter, scoring eight points in 6 minutes. Surprised Brad Stevens didn't stick with him for longer to be honest.
- Boston's bench played with energy but were also burned by playing with a true big (Aron Baynes) guarding a stretch five in Frank Kaminsky. The 6-foot-11 forward abused Baynes on the perimeter and scored a team-high 14 points in the first half.
- Shooting struggles continue for Marcus Smart (2-for-10). He's being a little too aggressive with his shot given his skillset. Some nice tenacious in the frame on the defensive end and got into it with Dwight Howard while boxing out, which the Garden crowd loved.
- Jayson Tatum looking a bit hesitant on both ends with his sore left ankle. He's got just five points and zeros across the box score otherwise.
- Brutal sequence that swung the momentum of the game, involving the C's rookie. The C's were going to a hack-a-Howard strategy but Daniel Theis picked up his fourth foul while doing so. He was subbed out for Guerschon Yabusele who did not seem to follow/understand directions from Brad Stevens to foul Howard on the next possession. Hornets scored a 3 and Yabusele then fouled on the next possession, but it was off the ball. Since it came inside 2-minute mark of quarter, the Hornets got a foul shot and the ball. Yabusele was immediately subbed out of the game by Stevens afterwards.
FIRST QUARTER THOUGHTS