Your daily rundown of what's going on with the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins, and what's about to happen...
- And we're back!
- Look, I like to have Daily Briefing and we'll at least try to have a Monday and Friday format when things heat up, but there's a lot of stuff going on between the new site, app, business and the Patriots going buck wild in free agency and the draft, and I only have the bandwidth for so much. When called for, Briefing has to take a back seat.
- Hoping the new site is ready by Friday, but I don't want to put an exact time on it. Stuff happens and I want to make sure it's right.
- As for the Revolution ... would like to resume covering them at some point — they're going to be good — but the response has always been lacking, and I have not gotten many requests for it. The Revs would have to pay for itself — we'll try to figure something out to make that work — but it has not since we started covering them.
- Sunday NFL notes on a Monday ... 32 thoughts on the draft and much more.
- Interesting draft for the Patriots. Always liked Mac Jones for them, and things fell right for them. Christian Barmore is a moderate-sized risk for them in Round 2.
- I am not going to apologize for giving BSJ readers the unvarnished truth, and that includes why Barmore fell in the draft (and he, indeed, did fall). If you think he fell because of some social media posts — the essential question is why he did that on social media — then I can't help you. If you think I'm being unfair telling you the concerns teams had about Barmore — teams with great intel from Alabama — I don't really care. I could have publicized exactly what was being told to teams, but I drew the line at that ... that would have buried the kid before he even got a chance. Really good prospect on film. As with every player, that's not ultimately what determines whether a player is a good pro. We'll see.
- Last-minute draft Q&A today.
- Have a couple of nights, Jayson Tatum.
- Disappointing end to the Sox road trip in Texas.
- Bruins back in action tonight.
Time to hit the links...
NFL Notebook: 32 thoughts on the draft, and the Patriots’ quarterback decision
BSJ Live Q&A: Bedard on the Patriots’ draft, 4 p.m.
Bedard: Thoughts on the Patriots’ picks, depth chart and what might be next
Bedard: Other teams avoided Christian Barmore, but Patriots pounced as they upped the risk on Day 2
Podcast: Bedard Patriots Pod – Day 1 recap: Mac Jones the right fit for Patriots
Bedard: After year in purgatory, the film shows why Mac Jones can restore Patriots’ passing offense quickly
Karalis: A great game was ruined, and that’s a big problem for the NBA
BSJ Game Report: Trail Blazers 129, Celtics 119 – Hot Blazers trump Tatum’s brilliance
NBA Notebook: Why the scouting report on Aaron Nesmith was so wrong coming out of Vandy
Karalis: Jayson Tatum’s wild ride is worth the ups and downs
McAdam: Red Sox end road trip – and week – on a down note
BSJ Game Report: Rangers 5, Red Sox 3 – Bullpen trips up as Sox lose game, series
MLB Notebook: A look back at a (mostly) great first month for Red Sox; Minors geared up to start
NHL Notebook: The ‘Krejci-ssance’ is in full swing, but what does future hold for Bruins & their star center?
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 6, Sabres 2 – Smith’s hat trick paces B’s in complete win
David Krejci has been far from just an offensive conduit during his resurgent 2021 season
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A: Bedard on the Patriots’ draft
7 p.m.: NHL — Boston at New Jersey NESN
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Golden State at New Orleans ESPN
10 p.m.: NBA — Denver at LA Lakers ESPN
[table id=224 /]
Future Boston sports talk radio take: Bill Belichick was trying to blame Ernie Adams for every receiver draft pick since Deion Branch and David Givens.
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) May 3, 2021
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.