TIP OFF: 7:30 p.m. @ TD Garden
RADIO: 98.5 The Sports Hub
TV: NBC Sports Boston
Predicted Starting Lineups
G: Marcus Smart
G: Evan Fournier
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Jayson Tatum
C: Tristan Thompson
G: Dejounte Murray
G: Devin Vassell
SF: Keldon Johnson
PF: DeMar DeRozan
C: Jakob Poeltl
LIVE COVERAGE, by John Karalis
- Jaylen Brown is just having a rough night. Another miss and another turnover. He's rebounding and doing other things, but he doesn't have it offensively
- Tatum is up to 52
- Make it 56. An and-1 for the Spurs has now put the game at an odd number, so the Spurs are up 1 but Boston has the ball with 31.5 left.
- And Brown finally gets one to fall, a corner 3, with 16.7 seconds left. Wow
- Aaron Nesmith sniffed out the alley oop and stole the ball. Tatum was fouled and hit 2 free throws to put Boston up 4
- Patty Mills hit an amazing 3 pointer to cut it to 1.
- Tatum got fouled on the inbounds and hit two free throws to tie Larry Bird's single game record.
- Aaron Nesmith is hitting 3's with a bit of confidence right now
- Jayson Tatum is taking over. His 4-point play cut the lead down to 10 and then 2 more free throws cut the 32 point Spurs lead to 8 with 9:24 to go
- The Celtics have tied this game. Nesmith is huge right now
- The Celtics have made so many mistakes just in this comeback that have cost them a few baskets. As it stands, they're down 2 with the ball and 3:48 to go
- The Celtics continue to foul too much. Their chances of taking the lead keep taking hits when they foul and give the Spurs free points
- Jaylen Brown is not being included in the fun... he is having a tough shooting night (4-21 so far)
- Tatum missed a buzzer beater... overtime
- Boston is... making a run? They've cut 4 points off the Spurs lead
- Boston gets an 8-0 run together and the lead is down to 20, which sounds horrible because it is. Also, the lead had been 32 so that's something
- The Celtics would be in a much better position here if they weren't missing a ton of layups. They could have made a bigger dent in this lead.
- Fournier has woken up, so has Jaylen Brown. Aaron Nesmith is making hustle plays and Boston just put up a 42-26 quarter to get back within 13
- Tatum is starting to hunt fouls in the post, using a sort of rip through move on his way up after a spin.
- Tremont Waters and Grant Williams have shot the ball well to start the 2nd. Boston is actually playing even with San Antonio. Now they have to get some stops.
- Evan Fournier is having a very rough time. He still hasn't hit a shot and he's been an absolute liability on defense
- Jaylen Brown has not scored yet as of the 5:24 mark of the second quarter
- The Spurs are shooting 69.7% at the same mark.
- Here's San Antonio's shot chart at the half. This is absurd