Your daily rundown of what's going on with the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Revolution, and what's about to happen...
• As the old saying goes, the only constant in life is change. That goes doubly for sports journalism. As you may have read this morning, today is Brian Robb's last day at BSJ.
• It's bittersweet. B-Robb is an OG BSJer, with us from day one when he was better known as B-Robb In The Closet on Felger & Mazz to most people. He's grown to be one of the foremost and respected authorities on the Celtics in a variety of formats, and we couldn't be more proud of him. Our members should also take great pride in Brian's success because, without you and the platform you've provided all of us, a lot of this would not be possible.
• But we're also excited for Brian and his wife, Kate. We wish them nothing but the best, and they will always be BSJ Familia to us. It's never easy to see someone fly the coop, but we take great pride in developing talent here at BSJ and hope that will continue and grow. That's always been a goal.
• I just want to take a moment to thank Brian for his invaluable contributions to BSJ over our first three-plus years. He's been instrumental behind the scenes in many ways, and he'll be missed. He'd do anything and everything I asked, and he was a total team player and pro. I have no doubt he'll be a success wherever he goes in the future.
• But the Celtics beat goes on ... and we are thrilled to announce two new additions, John Karalis and A. Sherrod Blakely. John will take over the beat starting Sunday, and Sherrod with be a regular NBA contributor. We're pumped about both additions to our expanded Celtics coverage.
• If you're a Celtics fan, Karalis should be no stranger to you. Better known as @RedsArmy_John on Twitter, Karalis is a Rhode Island native who was a two-year basketball captain at Emerson before playing professionally in Greece. He's had a long career in media, including a recent stint at MassLive covering the C's, and is one of the best x's and o's analysts in the business. We have no doubt he'll fit in seamlessly at BSJ, and bring the next-level analysis we're known for. Karalis fans can receive $5 off their first annual subscription by using the code KARALIS here.
• Sherrod is a household name and widely respected from his years as the Celtics Insider for NBC Sports Boston. He previously covered the Detroit Pistons for Mlive.com, and earlier covered ACC football and basketball for the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer. The Syracuse grad (this Rutgers product won't hold that against him) is also a BU journalism lecturer and Bleacher Report contributor. He'll be bringing his league-wide insight and sources to BSJ members. Sherrod fans can receive $5 off their first annual subscription by using the code SHERROD here.
• Might as well take the opportunity to update our members on a few things. The long-awaited next phase of BSJ — yup, this hack isn't a genius when it comes to estimating how long a business deal will take, especially in the age of Covid — is nearing the finish line. You'll see more contributors, among other things. And a NEW APP is in the works, and should be completed sometime next month. Any issues you've had with frequent logins, commenting, purchases and other glitches will be a thing of the past (thank goodness and thank you for your patience). And it will come loaded with some exciting features.
• So, yeah, lots of things happening at BSJ. Onward and upward.
Back on the field...
• The Red Sox traded Andrew Benintendi for some prospects and three players to be named later. Amazing that two years ago the Red Sox were had home-grown Mookie Betts, Benintendi and Jackie Bradley Jr. dancing in the outfield and now they're all gone.
• Bruins won another entertaining OT affair, this one against the Rangers. Tuukka Rask was a stud ... when he wasn't skating off the ice in the final minute thinking Boston was trailing by a goal. True story.
Time to hit the links...
On a night in which B’s defense showed its age, Tuukka Rask provides a bailout in wild night in net
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 3, Rangers 2 (OT) – Marchand, Rask extend B’s win streak to 4 straight
Finding the right pieces to fit on Charlie Coyle’s line continues to be a work in progress
BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL – Thursday at 4 p.m.
3 p.m.: GLF — PGA: Pebble Beach Pro-Am Golf
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Miami at Houston TNT
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Toronto at Celtics NBCSB
9 p.m.: TEN — Australian Open ESPN2
NOTE on National college basketball schedule. There are so many channels (what the heck is FloHoops?) and Covid cancelations, we simply can't list every game that's on. Haven't really found a good list, but the NCAA daily schedule is here.
[table id=224 /]
Tuukka Rask: ight imma head out pic.twitter.com/PLxSZMUED9
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) February 11, 2021
The Bruins' bench reacting to Tuukka Rask skating back: pic.twitter.com/Ri8cszcf6D
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) February 11, 2021
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.