Your daily rundown of what’s going on with the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Revolution, and what’s about to happen…
- The Patriots’ hopes of a second-half playoff push took a major hit on Sunday, as New England was unable to overcome a 21-10 halftime deficit and fell to the previously 2-7 Texans, 27-20.
- Greg isn't surprised with the result ... haven't we seen a similar result less than a year ago?
- While offensive struggles have usually doomed the Patriots in these close losses this season, New England’s secondary was absolutely carved up by Deshaun Watson throughout Sunday’s loss.
- Greg also broke down the Patriots’ disheartening showing on 98.5 The Sports Hub.
- The good news for Celtics fans? Jayson Tatum is now signed through at least the 2024-25 season thanks to a five-year, $195 million extension.
- The bad news for the Celtics? Gordon Hayward is heading to Charlotte — with Boston potentially left with next to nothing in return. Woooooof.
- B-Robb — who may be operating on just 30 minutes of sleep during this whirlwind of a week in the NBA — also broke down Boston’s signings of both Tristan Thompson and Jeff Teague.
- B-Robb also takes a look at other free-agent options available for the C’s — as well as the fallout from the Enes Kanter trade.
- Sean has some good news about the next wave of Red Sox talent — and gives his thoughts on Theo Epstein’s future in baseball.
- Conor explores the greatest “what if” players in Bruins history.
Time to hit the links…
Bedard: The Patriots got dominated in Houston again in similar fashion, what does that tell you?
Secondary issues: With time to throw, Deshaun Watson carves New England’s defense up
BSJ Game Report: Texans 27, Patriots 20 – New England struggles on both sides of the ball in disheartening defeat
Podcast: Bedard on Texans loss, coaching decision with Patriots Postgame Show 11.22.20
Video: Bill Belichick on loss to Texans – ‘Still have a lot of confidence and belief in the team’
Videos: Cam Newton, Devin McCourty and Damiere Byrd on loss to Texans
NFL Notebook: Don’t pencil in the Ravens for an AFC playoff spot just yet; Onwenu gets big test vs. Watt
Counterpoint – Bedard: Tanking for anything is no way to build a winning football culture
Point: Longo – Even with two wins, the Patriots should have Tanked For Trevor
Celtics agree to five-year max extension with Jayson Tatum
NBA Notebook: What options are left for Celtics in free agency after Gordon Hayward’s exit?
Celtics agree to sign Jeff Teague to one-year contract
Celtics agree to sign Tristan Thompson to two-year, $19 million contract
Gordon Hayward agrees to four-year, $120 million contract with Hornets
Examining Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade scenarios with the Pacers
How trade of Enes Kanter opens up more possibilities for Celtics
8:15 p.m.: NFL — Rams at Buccaneers, ESPN
[table id=224 /]
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.