Good morning and welcome back from the holiday weekend!
Your daily rundown of what's going on with the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Revolution, and what's about to happen ...
- Hope you enjoyed some of the nice autumn weather with a suddenly Patriots-less Week 5.
- Patriots' pseudo bye week rolled on with the only access to the team these two days being Bill Belichick's interview at WEEI where he didn't reveal too much, other than Cam Newton and anyone else could keep testing positive for Covid ... but still return to the team.
- From what I hear, Newton's return is coming very soon and might have happened on Monday if the game went ahead. Not saying he would have started or played, but it looked like Newton was going to be allowed to play by the NFL.
- Patriots should be back at full strength come Wednesday's first practice.
- I think the Patriots should get moving on the trade deadline now because they need some help.
- First stop should be tight end. No, I don't think Devin Asiasi or Dalton Keene are going to contribute soon, but you can't rule it out.
- Watched a little of the Chargers-Saints ... Justin Herbert is way better than I thought he'd be this soon. QB coach Pep Hamilton is doing good work.
- Sean Payton just can't quit Taysom Hill, even with Drew Brees is driving for the go-ahead score.
- We get a closer look at Josh Allen and the Bills tonight against the Titans (we think?).
- Red Sox brought back most of their staff.
- Are the Celtics a contender heading into next season?
- No Taylor Hall for the Bruins.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: After years of neglect, Patriots have to upgrade at TE to aid Cam Newton
NFL Notebook: Who might be available to the Patriots at the trade deadline?
On The Beat: Are the injured Broncos ready to pull an upset against the Patriots?
BetUS.com Podcast: Bedard Patriots Podcast – Patriots-Broncos | Team awards 4 games in
McAdam: As the Red Sox bring back most of their coaches, what does it signal?
Live Q&A: Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
MLB Notebook: Early postseason exit for Yankees means Sox’ rivals have work to do, too
What’s next for Bruins after Taylor Hall signs with Sabres?
NHL Notebook: With Torey Krug’s departure, the largest void might be felt in dressing room, rather than on ice
BetUS.com Podcast: Poke The Bear, Ep. 12 — Farewell, Torey Krug & Craig Smith reaction
2-4 p.m.: Bedard on with Felger & Mazz
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
6:05 p.m.: MLB — Atlanta at LA Dodgers FS1
7 p.m.: NFL — Buffalo at Tennessee CBS
8:40 p.m.: MLB — Tampa Bay at Houston TBS
[table id=224 /]
Note to self: Don't ask Belichick about his tight pants after a loss (or, really, EVER)...
Walker Buehler does NOT want to talk about his pants right now, Michael. pic.twitter.com/hzRRgPxFZU
— Jared Carrabis (@Jared_Carrabis) October 13, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.