Your daily rundown of what's going on with the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Revolution, and what's about to happen...
BAM BLOCK ON TATUM pic.twitter.com/343TTeFiil
— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) September 16, 2020
- Still can't get over what we saw last night. Celtics blow a 14-point, go to overtime, Jayson Tatum looks like he's going to send it to double overtime with a thunderous dunk after a great move with under 5 seconds left ... and then Bam Adebayo came out of nowhere and rejected the dunk as Tatum was putting it down.
- That was one of the best defensive plays in a big spot I've seen in any sport. In terms of improbability, it ranks up there with the
Malcolm ButlerMatt Patricia INT. Obviously saving a Super Bowl is just a bit different, but in terms of leaving me stunned because I didn't think either outcome was possible in the moment, they felt similar to me.
- What, because Bird's steal against the Pistons came in ECF Game 5 of a tied series, it's not one of the greatest plays/defensive plays in Boston sports/NBA history? Of course it is.
- That block was way better than Marcus Smart, LeBron, Tayshaun Prince — those blocks from behind when the offensive player doesn't know it's coming. This was Adebayo challenging Tatum to his face, Tatum seeing him coming, and Adebayo rejecting him with a physical display that defies explanation (how was his wrist that strong?!).
- Maybe you're smarting right because you were on the other side, but that's a block and a moment you will remember for the rest of your sports fan career.
- Now the question is, will the Celtics wins the series and make that a footnote in history, or will it be the highlight of this NBA season if the Heat go on and win the series/maybe an NBA title?
- The Celtics, outside of Marcus Smart, are terrible at closing games lately. If you're like me and you don't like watching entire NBA games and you turn in for a lot of fourth quarters, you see a lot of hero ball and bad offensive shots.
- What's this, some good news out of the Red Sox? Tanner Houck looked good and was a winner in his MLB debut.
- A lot of good Game 1 Patriots reaction and Tom Brady discussion on the podcast. Subscribe now, leave us a rating and a comment where you listen to your podcasts! It will really help us out!
- Also visited with the boys. I still can't believe Patricia said what he said.
- Doby and Seguin could win a Stanley Cup.
- Bill Belichick's mother, Jeannette, died Monday of natural causes in Annapolis. She was 98. Our condolences to the family.
Time to hit the links...
Robb: Kemba Walker’s biggest issue in Game 1 went beyond his shooting woes
Winning Plays Podcast: Celtics let Game 1 slip away against Heat
BSJ Game Report: Heat 117, Celtics 114 (OT) — Celtics blow 14-point fourth-quarter lead in Game 1 loss
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA at 5 p.m. Wednesday
Celtics-Heat player power rankings and a series pick
Bedard’s Breakdown: Patriots offense as expected, but defensive replacements answer bell
BetUS.com Podcast: Greg Bedard Patriots Podcast, Ep. 5 – Week 1 review, Cam Newton & Arians vs. Brady
Podcast: Bedard talks Week 1 win, Cam Newton, Tom Brady on Felger & Mazz 09.15.20
1 p.m.: MLB — Washington at Tampa Bay MLBN
4:10 p.m.: MLB — LA Dodgers at San Diego ESPN
6:40 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Miami NESN
7:05 p.m.: MLB — NY Mets at Philadelphia ESPN
9:30 p.m.: MLS — Portland at San Jose FS1
9:40 p.m.: MLB — Arizona at LA Angels ESPN
[table id=224 /]
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.