A few random thoughts while I wonder ... well, I wonder about a lot of things at this point...
- The first big domino fell in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic with the NBA suspending games in the wake of Rudy Gobert testing positive.
- Figure the NHL is not far off, and they've canceled morning skates and practices.
- The MLB season could then be delayed.
- I think the NFL will push back some of its calendar, and the draft will likely go old-school: a small, intimate affair with just the teams in a room. There has to be some TV element.
- Not sure what happens to March Madness.
- I do hope they find a way to keep the games going at some point, even in empty arenas. This pandemic is going to get much worse before it gets better, and it would be nice for people to have the games to distract them at some point. You would think rich professional teams could find a way to do it safely.
- But, as always, people should defer to the medical experts on all this. The rest of us are just talking out of our rear ends.
- Patriots added Eliot Wolf in personnel for now, and that's a really smart move for them.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Could Eliot Wolf help contribute to a Patriots draft resurgence? Bucs coming for Brady
Bedard’s Mailbag: Why the Patriots shouldn’t rebuild & what the offense would look like after Brady, QB rankings
Noon: MCBK — Atlantic 10 2nd round: VCU vs. UMass (NBCSN)
1 p.m.: MLB — Toronto vs. Pittsburgh (MLBN)
1 p.m.: PGA – Players Championship (Golf)
2:30 p.m.: MCBK — Big East quarterfinal: Butler vs. Providence (FS1)
3 p.m.: MCBK — AAC first round: Tulane vs. UConn (ESPNU)
4 p.m.: MLB — Dodgers vs. Cubs (MLBN)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
[table id=224 /]
This talk of baseball games being played in empty stadiums reminded me of one of my favorite Gary Thorne moments ever pic.twitter.com/1aGOVlrgjl
— Ben Palmer (@benjpalmer) March 11, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.