A few random thoughts while I wonder what would constitute good Red Sox news...
- According to reports out of Florida, Ron Roenicke said this morning that Chris Sale has just a flexor strain and he'll just rest up for a week.
- I can't help to wonder if this is really the case — the same with his elbow last year — or are we just dealing with an aging pitcher who won't consider any surgery because he's not willing to rehab at this point in his career. Not sure we'll ever know that.
- The Red Sox' pitching has not been good of late.
- The depleted Celtics beat the Cavs last night.
- Semi Ojeleye went off (yup).
- Will be interesting to see if the Bruins follow up the impressive win in Tampa with another good effort against the Panthers. I can speak from experience ... Bruins of the past used to play some real dog games in Sunrise. Must be the beach.
- If Tom Brady had a ton of action on his free agency — especially the 49ers — then why talk about it?
Time to hit the links...
Semi Ojeleye’s improved shooting will be critical X-Factor for Celtics’ postseason
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 112, Cavs 106 – Shorthanded C’s get back on track
Completed Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA 3.4.20
1 p.m.: MLB — NY Yankees at Detroit (MLBN)
1:05 p.m.: MLB — Houston at Red Sox (WEEI with McAdam)
2 p.m.: PGA — Arnold Palmer Invitational (Golf)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
6 p.m.: MLB — St. Louis at Washington (MLBN)
6:30 p.m.: MCBK — Xavier at Providence (FS1)
7 p.m.: MCBK — Houston at UConn (CBSSN)
7 p.m.: WCBK — Loyola at Holy Cross (NESN)
7 p.m.: NHL — Bruins at Florida (NESN)
7 p.m.: NHL — Carolina at Philadelphia (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: NBA — LA Clippers at Houston (TNT)
10:30 p.m: NBA — Toronto at Golden State (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Today is the 250th anniversary of the Boston Massacre.
On March 5, 1770, British redcoats killed 5 civilians outside the [Old] State House. The conflict energized anti-British sentiment and paved the way for the American Revolution. https://t.co/IAbKq9XtZT pic.twitter.com/nDWpUXk9Ar
— BostonTweet (@BostonTweet) March 5, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.