Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. Due to Tom Brady being Jurassic as far as football age, there are not many lessons in history to tell us where this is going to go. But have no fear! Leave it to Boston Sports Journal owner, Greg Bedard, to find two similar situations in his column, Will lessons from Peyton Manning, Brett Favre help or hurt Tom Brady vs. Patriots? Bedard also touches on the XFL, which seems to be off to a promising start.
2. Many believe that Robert Kraft interjected back when it was time for Bill Belichick to you-know-what or get off the pot as far as moving on from Brady or Jimmy Garoppolo. Timothy Rapp of Bleacher Report gives us the scoop that this time, Kraft will not interfere with Belichick's decision on whether to bring Brady back or not. I get it. The GOAT coach has better odds of sticking around and helping the franchise longer than the GOAT quarterback, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
3. This is great to hear, but let's face it, Dereck Rivers might be running out of chances faster than Antonio Brown, (for different reasons obviously.) Mike Reiss of ESPN updates us on the often injured Rivers and how he is taking Belichick's "No days off!" motto pretty serious this offseason. Still, "if" — I know how big that small word can be — Rivers can stay healthy and take a Trey Flowers route to success, this could be a sizable and inexpensive boost to the Patriots defense.
4. Mike Dussault of Patriots.com put together this gem for New England fans. Send the link of this sucker to all of your fellow Patriot backers and make their day when they relive the 20 greatest moments in Patriots Super Bowl history. There are some painful lumps to start, but man, it's easy to forget how many great moments of biblical proportions us blessed fans have shared.
5. Not my thing, but that doesn't mean some of you aren't intrigued.