A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Chiefs, in all this dynasty talk, realize how hard it will be to repeat...
- One thing I realized about this Tom Brady situation, after talking to a few people who are familiar with both sides: there's no way the Patriots and Bill Belichick are going to head into the 4 p.m. March 16 tampering period without a yay or a nay from Brady.
- Brady may have the ability to do what he wants, but the Patriots are not going to wait for their phone to ring from Brady once March 16 arrives and he can talk to other teams. They wouldn't even do that with Wes Welker — they already had Danny Amendola ready to go when New England finally gave Welker an offer they knew he wouldn't immediately accept — they're certainly not going to do that at the most important position on the field.
- So I would expect, sometime that week (perhaps it takes up until an imposed deadline of, say, Noon on March 16 ahead of the 4 p.m. start to the tampering period) for the two sides to either come to an agreement or not. Patriots will have a trade for a veteran pocket in their back pocket, if needed, done by then. And then all the posturing will start.
- "If it doesn’t happen and if Brady chooses to leave, it’s on Belichick and no one else." ... Gee, I wonder where that came from.
- Celtics have some major chemistry going on with their wings.
- Four straight wins.
- Bruins host their old friends from Vancouver ... is Jeremy Lauzon the answer on defense?
Time to hit the links...
The Celtics’ wings are building elite offensive chemistry together
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 123, Hawks 115 – Tatum’s big second half leads C’s to fourth straight win
Would a Clint Capela trade for the Celtics be feasible ahead of deadline?
5 p.m.: WCHK — Beanpot: Northeastern vs. Harvard (NESN Plus)
7 p.m.: MCBK — Duke at Boston College (ESPN)
7 p.m.: MCBK — UMass at Rhode Island (CBSSN)
7 p.m.: NHL — Vancouver at Bruins (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Milwaukee at New Orleans (TNT)
8 p.m.: WCHK — Beanpot: Northeastern vs. Harvard (NESN Plus)
10 p.m.: NBA — San Antonio at LA Lakers (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
"Armed with confidence and free from burdens, the Celtics have established themselves as contenders once again." #BleedGreen☘️☘️☘️
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) February 3, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.