Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. After hours of film review, Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard posted the 3rd of his 5-part series: Grading the 2019 Patriots III: In just two years, Belichick completely revamped the passing defense. The offense may have taken a step back from two years ago, but Greg's findings show that this is far from the case when it comes to the defense.
2. In Super Bowl performances, I believe Tom Brady once had a 505 yards 3 TD game, a 10 point 4th quarter comeback against a historic defense, (which was a record at the time) only to top that by erasing a twenty-five point deficit in the greatest comeback in sports history. Yet, Anthony Threash of Pro Football Focus lists every Super Bowl performance by a quarterback PFF has ever graded, and TB12 can't crack the top 9? Normally I agree with most data put together by PFF, but if you're judging on sheer performance, this list reeks of an NFL locker room laundry cart.
3. A rumor circulating around the league had New England squaring off against the Dolphins in a neutral location. Unfortunately, Bernd Buchmasser of Pats Pulpit reports that the NFL refutes the Patriots playing next season in this country. If this meant New England skipping the haunted Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, I would've turned political and approved that message.
4. Sad but proud news fell upon Patriots Nation on Tuesday. Alex Barth of 98.5 The Sports Hub writes about this all-time great coach hanging up his whistle, and what Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, and Brady had to say about Dante Scarnecchia's retirement. Greg Bedard of BSJ also pays tribute to the GOAT offensive line coach, and what affect Dante Scarnecchia's retirement might have on the Patriots' Brain Drain. Thank you, Scar, from all of us.
5. Years ago, reporters and certain talk show hosts did their best to fuel the