Morning! Welcome to The Quest for 7, where volunteer writer, Steven Viner, scours the net for seven Patriots related articles from other sites offering different points of view on the six-time champs. Paid subscribers not only get to read all seven, but they also get to check out his always fiery "Steve's Soapbox" at the end.
1. With every fan in the football universe guessing where the Legend will land next year, Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal shares the team he feels has to take a shot at wooing Tom Brady. Greg also hits on other NFL news and thoughts with Super Bowl LIV less than two weeks away.
2. When a 42-year-old warrior goes up against men who could snap him like celery — for 19 years in an arena — and lasts long enough to play with or against one of his former teammate's sons ... that's impressive. Isaiah Houde of Patriots Wire tells us more about this future NFL player. Funny thing is, the Patriots could use reinforcements at the position this kid plays, pretty bad.
3. Mike Dussault of Patriots.com gives his gameplan for the Patriots offseason plans with and without Tom Brady. Mike does a great job of laying out the pros and cons of each scenario. Click the link to see which sideline you would choose.
4. You will be able to tell from my tone who isn't #1. Christian D'Andrea of SBNation ranks all 63 starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl history. Christian should have based his list on pretty stats. Here are some stats he doesn't mention. Montana won his Super Bowls at a time when the AFC was a joke, and had lost 13 straight times in the big game. How bad was the AFC, might you ask? Two Super Bowls during this stretch were decided by less than a touchdown. Two. Equal surrounding talent against the same defense ... Tom > Joe.
5. Not my thing, but that doesn't mean our readers aren't into