A few random thoughts while I wonder if Pedey likes to be called Skipper...
- So in the end, Alex Cora and the Red Sox made the only choice they really had with the manager departing.
- I'm a little sad about this because I really enjoyed Cora as a manager, but the hammer — deserved, too — was coming and the Red Sox just couldn't let that sit over the franchise.
- It wouldn't be like Sean Payton, who had some deniability in the bounty scandal, could go away and come back (A.J. Hinch could have). Cora was at the center of all this in two different places. He needed to take his medicine, go away for a bit, and then start the redemption process. He's still young.
- Who's next for the Red Sox? Have to think Jason Varitek would be an ideal candidate. Hard to bring in a new manager, who would want his own staff at this point.
- In Columbus, the Bruins saw (at some point) that Tuukka Rask was taken out the game by a flying elbow and ... no one really did anything about it. There will be a lot of talk about that.
- Bruins ended up getting beat pretty good, too.
- Former Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly retired at age 28. Glad he seems to be going out on his own terms before it's too late. Phenomenal player. Likely Hall of Famer.
- Jayson Tatum's underrated strength?
- Will have more on the Patriots' depth chart as we move along, but this was a quick first look. Lot of work to be done.
- I finally had it with Felger with 15 minutes left in Hour 2 ... yeah, Aaron Rodgers and Jarrett Stidham are the exact same situation. Sure.
Time to hit the links...
11 a.m.: WCBK — Maine at UMass-Lowell (NESN)
3 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
7 p.m.: NBA — Detroit at Celtics (NBCSB)
7 p.m.: NBA — Brooklyn at Philadelphia (ESPN)
8 p.m.: NHL — Philadelphia at St. Louis (NBCSN)
8:30 p.m.: MCBK — St. John's at Providence (FS1)
9:30 p.m.: NBA — Portland at Houston (ESPN)
[table id=224 /]
Words can’t touch on what you have meant to this game and to the people who have had the privilege of getting to know you through your career. You are loved, you are respected and this is just the beginning of the realization of the plan that He has for you. pic.twitter.com/10lEKfOjev
— Mark Herzlich (@MarkHerzlich) January 15, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.