A few random thoughts while I wonder what kind of trash cans the Red Sox have...
- MLB absolutely slammed the Astros in the sign-stealing scandal, and that led to A.J. Hinch and GM Jeff Luhnow — after being suspended for the season — to be fired by the team.
- Now the spotlight turns to Alex Cora, who was all over MLB's report on the cheating. It was made very clear, even by Luhnow's statement, that this was all a Cora production. Put that on top of some of the allegations against the Red Sox, and the consensus seems to be that Cora will also get hammered by MLB and could be fired by the Red Sox.
- Who would be the next manager? Bench coach Ron Roenicke certainly could do the job. Jason Varitek has been mentioned. Of course, Chaim Bloom could have his own candidates.
- LSU beat Clemson 42-25 for the national championship. Joe Burrows is pretty good — yes, he reminds me a lot of Tom Brady — and bound for the Bengals. Too bad for him.
- Bruins blew a 5-2 lead and lost in overtime to the Flyers. Bruce Cassidy rightfully ripped the defense after the game.
- Celtics had a laugher against the Bulls.
- Marcus Smart is finding his groove.
Time to hit the links...
An ugly defensive effort from Bruins marred a night with so many positive steps forward
BSJ Game Report: Flyers 6, Bruins 5 (SO) – Secondary scoring breaks through, but B’s collapse in Philly
Bruins’ blue line might have dodged a bullet with Matt Grzelcyk
2-4 p.m.: Bedard live in-studio with Felger & Mazz
7 p.m.: NHL — Bruins at Columbus (NESN)
7 p.m.: NHL — Minnesota at Pittsburgh (NBCSN)
8 p.m.: NBA — Houston at Memphis (NBATV)
10:30 p.m.: NBA — Dallas at Golden State (NBATV)
[table id=224 /]
the optimist in me: "2020 is a new year for the Bruins with the shootout."
brad marchand: pic.twitter.com/yMlq4y0iUT
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) January 14, 2020
Need account help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.