A few random thoughts while I wonder how grumpy people will be at the local Dunkins this morning...
- CYBER MONDAY IS BACK AT BSJ! 40 percent off annual memberships until midnight.
- The Patriots were pretty bad at Houston last night.
- A lot of people will bury them — it wasn't good, and isn't good — but they were sick and they usually have a road stinker around this time of the year. Maybe Houston is the new Miami.
- Mohamed Sanu is not near full strength.
- A win against the Chiefs at home will change everything.
- Yeah, I underestimated the Texans. Didn't think Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel had this in them.
- The Texans did play much more man coverage. They didn't show that before. Was that because they got a couple of corners back who could do it, or did they have confidence the Patriots couldn't beat them down the field? Probably a combination of both. Wonder what the ratio was.
- They have to figure out the offense. Lot of work to do.
- Jayson Tatum making strides
- Celtics rally past Knicks
- Who's better than David Pastrnak right now? Remarkable. Smart column here.
- Bruins beat Montreal again.
- Enjoyed this look at the Red Sox highs and lows in the past decade.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Three plays show the problems with the Patriots offense and it’s not Tom Brady or Josh McDaniels
Podcast: Bedard on loss to Texans, WR struggles & Chiefs game with Patriots Postgame Show 12.01.19
BSJ Game Report: Texans 28, Patriots 22 – New England completely outplayed, give up AFC top seed
FINAL: Texans 28, Patriots 22 – Final flourish is too little, too late as NE gives up top seed
NFL Notebook: Will Patriots change personnel in a rematch with Ravens, Lamar Jackson?
Jayson Tatum’s playmaking shows growth in win over Knicks
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 113, Knicks 104 – Tatum, Brown (58 combined points) rally C’s to win
NBA Notebook: Celtics player power rankings (November edition) – A tight race at the top
As David Pastrnak continues to torment defenses, look for opponents to bring the pain in effort to slow down Bruins’ top sniper
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 3, Canadiens 1 — Pastrnak, Backes spur another comeback win
Bruins Notebook: David Backes given green light, Clifton’s loss of waiver exemption limits Boston’s roster flexibility
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Sean McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7 p.m.: NBA — Utah at Philadelphia (NBATV)
8:15 p.m.: NFL — Minnesota at Seattle (ESPN)
10 p.m.: NBA — Chicago at Sacramento (NBATV)
[table id=224 /]
Is this what the Colts were trying to do against the Patriots a few years back? This was better.
The Dolphins just executed the most beautiful trick play you will see today.
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) December 1, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.