A few random thoughts while I wonder who the next Patriots kicker will be...
- Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Very thankful for our loyal members, and for a hard-working staff!
- Busy day for Boston teams as the Celtics get started at Noon, and the Bruins are home at 1 p.m. Not sure which team has been the more impressive to this point.
- The Patriots are on their fourth kicker as Nick Folk had his appendix out and was released (could be back). Kai Forbath will kick against the Texans.
- I mean, it is what it is. I'm sure Bill Belichick will muddle through. Liked Folk so far.
- Some NFL thoughts on the Thanksgiving games ... whatever Matt Patricia did to piss off the big man, yikes. David Blough? Someone doesn't like Patricia.
- Mitch Trubisky is just cooked. The kid has zero confidence. Thank goodness for that defense.
- Jason Garrett, just days after being ripped by Jerry Jones, goes for it on 4th and 1 from his own 20 ... be a bigger baby. You're the coach, you're supposed to be mature about these decisions, not just give the owner what he wants.
- And then Garrett goes for it down 23-7 instead of taking the field goal with a quarter left to play. The dumbest move you can make. A field goal keeps you in the game.
- In general, Jones just gets the wrong players. They are so mentally fragile. They're like the anti-Patriots. Amari Cooper is so soft.
- Breaking ... the Bills still haven't beaten a team with a winning record. So, no, I'm not buying on Josh Allen.
- No one wants to win the NFC East.
- The Falcons are broken, but their defense is decent. Drew Brees did not look good last night.
Time to hit the links...
Welcome to the week the Patriots’ offense gets healthy & other things you need to know about the Texans
Kicker roulette continues: Folk (appendix) out, Forbath in; Sick Pats return
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots, Ravens and AFC playoff picture 11.27.19
Robb: With their strong play and words, Celtics players are already past the Kyrie Irving era
BSJ Live Coverage: Celtics at Nets, 12 p.m. – Kyrie sits again
An emerging need for the Celtics’ holiday wish list
Noon: NBA — Celtics at Brooklyn (NBCSB)
1 p.m.: NHL — Rangers at Bruins (NBC)
4:30 p.m.: MCHK — Boston College at Harvard (NESN)
8 p.m.: NBA — New Orleans at Oklahoma City (NBCS)
10:30 p.m.: NBA — Washington at LA Lakers (NBATV)
10 a.m.: MCHK — Friendship Four third place (NESN Plus)
1 p.m.: NHL — Rangers at Devils (NHLN)
2 p.m.: MCHK — Friendship Four championship (NESN Plus)
2:30 p.m.: MCBK — Boston College at Richmond (NBCSN)
3:30 p.m.: CFB — Boston College at Pittsburgh (ACC)
3:30 p.m.: CFB — UConn at Temple (CBSSN)
7 p.m.: MCHK — Quinnipiac at UMass (NESN)
7 p.m.: NHL — Capitals at Red Wings (NHLN)
1 p.m.: NFL — Cleveland at Pittsburgh (CBS)
1 p.m.: NFL — San Francisco at Baltimore (Fox)
1 p.m.: WCBK — Holy Cross at Brown (NESN)
3 p.m.: MCBK — Vermont at Yale (NESN)
3:30 p.m.: NBA — Celtics at Knicks (NBCSB)
4:25 p.m.: NFL — Oakland at Kansas City (CBS)
7 p.m.: NHL — Montreal at Bruins (NESN)
8:20 p.m.: NFL — Patriots at Houston (NBC)
[table id=224 /]
— Real Life (@MarkMonreal1) November 29, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.