A few random thoughts while I wonder what the hell happened last night at the Garden...
- So to recap, the Bruins played another lifeless period in the first against the Panthers last night — this is what they do these days — but then they woke up and took a commanding 4-0 lead into the third period at home.
- Totally in the bag, right?
- The Bruins allowed three goals in the first 10 minutes of the period, and then another with less than two ... and ended up losing in a shootout.
- Holy cow. That's only the ninth time in NHL history that a team blew a four-goal lead in a home game. Wow.
- That would be four straight losses.
- Look, that kind of loss is inexcusable and there is the worry the post-Cup hangover has suddenly hit and may linger, but it's still only November and totally out of character for this club. Will be interesting to see how they respond with Toronto and Washington up next. If they don't answer the bell this weekend ... yeah, time to worry.
- I was on with the idiots yesterday ... Mazz really did say he thinks Russell Wilson would be better in the Patriots offense this year than Tom Brady. Not this offense. No way.
- Good chat last night. Thanks for the questions.
- I think we need to call him, Multimedia B-Robb.
- Do the Celtics have any good trade chips?
Time to hit the links...
From the Las Vegas Review-Journal:
A first look at where the Celtics’ 2019 draft stash stands
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA at 5 p.m. Wednesday
Podcast: B-Robb talking Celtics on Gresh Show
Video: B-Robb on Boston 25 talking Celtics and Hayward injury
Ryan: An ugly stretch for Bruins hits a new low with ‘disappointing’ collapse against Panthers
BSJ Game Report: Panthers 5, Bruins 4 (SO) – B’s cough up 4-goal lead in 3rd period en route to 4th straight loss
After a slow start in 2019, Urho Vaakanainen looking to rebound during call-up to Boston
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
7 p.m.: MCBK — St. Joe's at UConn (CBSSN)
7 p.m.: WCBK – Boston College at Holy Cross (NESN Plus)
7 p.m.: WCBK — UConn at Vanderbilt (SEC)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Clippers at Rockets (ESPN)
7:30 p.m.: NBA — Wizards at Celtics (NBCSB)
7:30 p.m.: NHL — Capitals at Flyers (NBCSN)
9 p.m.: MCBK — Providence at Northwestern (BTN)
10 p.m.: NBA — Warriors at Lakers (ESPN)
10 p.m.: NHL — Blackhawks at Vegas (NBCSN)
[table id=224 /]
Tuukka Rask: “That should have happened in Game 7 of the Finals.” https://t.co/21jK6t8JNA
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) November 13, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.