A few random thoughts while I wonder how Aaron Rodgers suddenly walks on water after ripping through a porous Raiders defense...
- After what seems like a month off, the Patriots finally play another football game against the Jets.
- I think this is a perfect time for the Patriots to look somewhat competent on offense. Of course, I've been wrong from time to time.
- I wrote one piece on the Robert Kraft thing when news broke. Here's the extent of BSJ's coverage of the Brady video: We don't care.
- Of course the Texans lost to the Colts on Sunday.
- Derek Carr ... I don't care what your excuses are, that was a colossally dumb mistake that cost your team the lead and the game ... and you had already done that like two years ago!
- Dan Quinn should get put out of his misery.
- Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky are still terrible. At least Allen wins. Both those teams should trade for a QB.
- Get ready for your Aaron Rodgers talk. He's great against a terrible defense and suddenly it's the greatest QB performance ever. Come on, man. Did you watch that game? The Raiders couldn't cover a nosebleed.
- Not exactly a picasso, Jimmy G, but you're 6-0. Schedule is about to get a lot harder.
- Chargers deserved to lose that game and every game. Spanos karma.
- Sean Payton has to be coach of the year to this point. Teddy Bridgewater is not that good.
- People will go nuts about the Ravens this week. Now they have a bye. Patriots will still shut Lamar Jackson down.
- What the heck happened to the Eagles?! How much fun is Lane Johnson having?
- Bruins dropped their second straight in a shootout, this time to the Maple Leafs and Mitch Marner, who celebrated like he scored his first squirt goal.
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) October 20, 2019
- The Maple Leafs still stink on defense. I mean, they're atrocious.
- That being said, can we be a little critical of the Bruins and not gloss over that they just lost two games. Since when do we give out charity points here?
- Congrats to the Revs on a fine comeback campaign. Hopefully they can carry it forward into next season.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Time is right for Patriots’ inefficient offense to finally get with the program
BSJ Live Q&A: Bedard on Patriots-Jets, 1 p.m.
NFL Notebook: How the NFL got into their officiating mess
On The Beat: Talking Slingin’ Sammy, hating Adam Gase & picking upsets with Manish Mehta
Sweeney: Three reasons why the Revolution turnaround was a success, despite the early playoff exit
BSJ MLS Cup Playoff Match Report: Atlanta United 1, Revolution 0 – Revs bow out following loss to Five Stripes, looking forward to 2020 and the future
[table id=224 /]
Cordarrelle Patterson reached 20.29 MPH on this 102-yard kick return TD to give the Bears their first points of the day (Saints lead 9-7).
— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) October 20, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.