A few random thoughts while I wonder if Dante Scarnecchia will have the Patriots' offensive linemen wear name tags...
- So this is the state of the NFL ... the Jets were down to their third QB last night on national TV. Cam Newton isn't at practice. Big Ben is done for the year. Nick Foles and Drew Brees are out a while. The Dolphins traded Minkah Fitzpatrick. Eli Manning benched for Daniel Jones. And it's only Week 2!
- Meanwhile in New England, they keep throwing passes up 37-0 on the hapless Dolphins. I'd wrap Tom Brady in bubble packaging.
- I'm not going to apologize for not being happy about Phillip Dorsett being sent to the bench for the second-straight year. I complained about it all last year. If I were Dorsett, I would be pissed and ask for a trade if the Patriots want to ride with Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon. But Dorsett is probably a much better man than me.
- The Patriots are signing former Buccaneers OL Caleb Benenoch. Played mostly guard but has tackle size. Isaiah Wynn is day to day with turf toe. That can linger.
- First Charlie McAvoy, now Brandon Carlo. Don Sweeney doing werk.
- The Bruins' young-ins looked good last night.
- Vincent Poirier scouting report.
Time to hit the links...
Bruins sign Brandon Carlo to 2-year contract extension with AAV of $2.85 million
Vaakanainen ready to push for spot, Steen & Studnicka score & more takeaways from Bruins’ preseason opener
NHL Notebook: Labor peace guaranteed through 2022, Bruins prep for preseason opener
[table id=224 /]
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) September 17, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.