A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Packers and Bears offenses set the NFL back 100 years on its 100th anniversary...
- The Antonio Brown situation with the Raiders is all the rage in the NFL. It could get very messy.
- Could the Patriots be a landing spot for Brown? Yes they could, and I make the case for why they should do it. He would have to be released and willing to play for cheap. I don't think either is likely.
- Mitch Trubisky is not good and it's highly unlikely he'll ever be good. You're either an NFL QB, or you aren't. Trubisky just isn't a natural QB. He reminds me so much of Ryan Tannehill, another QB who was better running than throwing and had to be micromanaged by a smart playcaller to function.
- The Red Sox' playoff hopes might have been thrown out at home last night to end the game. I don't blame Carlos Febles or Rafael Devers ... they had to be aggressive and the Twins made a perfect throw. Happens. I do wonder how great his round of third was ... didn't see a good angle.
- Team Celtics dominates Japan.
- Anders Bjork on the spot for the Bruins.
- Big sports weekend with Yankees-Red Sox and the Patriots' opener. Wonder how many will be watching the Red Sox.
- Just a quick note to say Hector Longo, the longtime Patriots beat writer for The Eagle-Tribune, will be contributing to our Patriots coverage starting this weekend. Looking forward to it.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: The Patriots should absolutely go after Antonio Brown if he’s available (but it’s unlikely to happen)
View from Pittsburgh: With Sean Davis hurting, Steelers may audible at safety vs. Tom Brady
Coming off another season-ending shoulder surgery, Anders Bjork ready to start anew in 3rd season
Video: Jack Studnicka talks goals for 2019-20 season
Video: Urho Vaakanainen on start of Bruins rookie camp
4 p.m.: Tennis — US Open - Men's Semifinals (ESPN)
7:10 p.m.: Yankees at Red Sox (NESN)
8 p.m.: CFB — Wake Forest at Rice (CBSSN)
9 p.m.: CFB — Marshall at Boise St. (ESPN2)
9 p.m.: SOC — US vs. Mexico friendly (FS1)
3:30 p.m.: MLS — Revolution at NYCFC (Univision)
4 p.m.: Tennis — US Open - Women's Final (ESPN)
4:05 p.m.: Yankees at Red Sox (FS1)
5 p.m.: MLL — Chesapeake at Boston (NBCSB)
3:30 p.m.: Illinois at UConn (CBSSN)
3:30 p.m.: Richmond at BC (ACCN)
3:30 p.m.: Southern Illinois at UMass (NESN Plus)
1 p.m.: NFL — Bills at Jets (CBS)
1 p.m.: NFL — Rams at Panthers (FOX)
4 p.m.: Tennis — US Open - Men's Final (ESPN)
4:25 p.m.: NFL — Giants at Cowboys (FOX)
8:08 p.m.: Yankees at Red Sox (ESPN)
8:20 p.m.: NFL — Steelers at Patriots (NBC)
[table id=224 /]
Don't run on Rosie!
— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) September 6, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.