- We heard from Tom Brady for the last time before the opener this weekend and Greg has an interesting look at how he's handled the passing offense over the years through so much turnover.
- What were the odds before the season that Eduardo Rodriguez would be the best Sox starter this year? Sox fail to make up any ground in wildcard race though after Indians/Rays/A's all hold serve.
- No Marcus Smart (sore quad) or Tatum (ankle) for Team USA today in a blowout win over Japan.
- Good stuff from Conor after Tim Thomas breaks his silence.
- Rob Williams is turning some heads at the C's practice facility this summer.
- Nice opener for the NFL with Packers-Bears on the docket. Will be interesting to see how the Packers bounce back this year after last season's debacle.
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Tom Brady starts this season like any other; reinventing the passing offense
Video: Tom Brady: '(Steelers) are going to show us a lot of things we haven't seen'
Video: Michael Bennett on Roethlisberger
Bruins turn page to 2019-20 season, but Cup Final loss still fresh on minds of many in locker room
Tim Thomas breaks silence, talks memorable tenure in Boston; potential future in hockey
Entering 14th season with Bruins, David Krejci adamant that he’s still ‘got some milage in the tank’
BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins, NHL, Thursday at 3 p.m.
Noon: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
3 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
7 p.m.: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
7:10 p.m.: Twins at Red Sox (NESN)
8:20 p.m.: NFL — Packers at Bears (NBC)
[table id=224 /]
Michael Lorenzen became the 1st player to hit a HR, earn a win on the mound AND play center field in one game since Babe Ruth back in 1921! 😮 👏 ⚾️
— theScore (@theScore) September 5, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.