A few random thoughts while I wonder if there can be too much Patriots TV programming this week ...
- The Red Sox fell behind 6-0 and wound up losing 6-5. This is my shocked face that Rick Porcello and the offense continue to be wildly inconsistent with their season on the line.
- The Red Sox stink at home.
- Sounds like Jayson Tatum will be OK after an injury scare.
- Shuffle on Bruins' D?
- The Raiders' season of Hard Knocks came to an end last night and zzzzzzzzz. One of the worst seasons of the show. Seemed like Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock tried to kill the show personally, as they allowed no footage of the cool stuff in previous episodes — personnel meetings and players getting cut. It was basically the Gruden and AB84 show. Wasn't enough. It was like viewers had a press pass. That's not behind the scenes. Knock on wood if you're with me.
- Did enjoy the discussion on HBO's The Shop, which featured Rob Gronkowski. Not much of it was new for Patriots fans, but Gronk's comments about his 2017 training camp were interesting to hear (down below). For those here from the beginning, you know that BSJ was one of the only outlets pointing out Gronk's struggles in that camp, and certainly the first. As always, we bring it to you straight — the good, bad and ugly.
- Set your DVRs for tonight: Do Your Job III and America's Game are back to back on NFL Network starting at 8 p.m.
- Regular season really gets cranked up today with a normal Wednesday down at Gillette.
Time to hit the links...
View from Pittsburgh: What you need to know about the Steelers in 2019 after Brown, Bell
Bedard: What Steelers fans need to know about the defending champs
Podcast: Bedard on Patriots & NFL with Felger & Mazz 09.03.19
Completed Q&A: Bedard on roster moves, Patriots-Steelers 09.03.19
Noon: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
7 p.m.: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
7:10 p.m.: Twins at Red Sox (NESN)
8 p.m.: NFL — Do Your Job Part III: Bill Belichick and the 2018 Patriots (NFLN)
9 p.m.: NFL —America's Game - 2018 New England Patriots (NFLN)
[table id=224 /]
Warning: adult language.
Gronk opens up, and he's not the only one.
— HBO (@HBO) September 3, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.