A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Red Sox will want to stay in Colorado with that air...
- The more I heard Rob Gronkowski's press conference, the more I wished he would just find something else to do that would make him happy.
- If football was taking the joy from his life and leaving him in a dark place — with all the serious injuries he had over the years — why would he ever come back? Would have to be for a lot of money to even consider, and the Patriots aren't going to just hand that to him.
- Just go be free, happy and pain-free, Gronk. We'll still be watching.
- Deatrich Wise will be one of those tough calls for the Patriots. The more I talk to the guy, the more I want him around. But I have serious doubts whether if he has a spot to play in this scheme.
- Congrats to Kyle Van Noy for winning the 2019 New England Patriots Ron Burton Community Service Award at the annual Patriots Premiere on the Gillette Stadium field. On Tuesday night, Van Noy was recognized for his outstanding commitment in giving back to the community, specifically his work with adopted, foster and disadvantaged youth. Van Noy is the 17th Patriots player to receive the award.
- Sox hit a lot of dingers in a win in Denver ... shocking.
- What are the Sox going to do with Brock Holt?
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Deatrich Wise is a unicorn in a lot of ways for these Patriots, but will that be enough?
Podcast: Bedard talks Patriots and NFL on Felger & Mazz 08.27.19
Dr. Flynn: On the danger of a pulmonary embolism and recovery for Patriots’ David Andrews
Bedard’s Daily Briefing 08.27.19: Gronk tears up; Andrews likely out; Felger & Mazz return
Noon: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
7 p.m.: Tennis — US Open (ESPN)
TBA: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
8:40 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Rockies (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.