A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Red Sox have regular base-running classes...
- Demaryius Thomas came off PUP, which only complicates the Patriots' crowded roster situation.
- The million-dollar question is, can he help the Patriots? For the 2019 DT, no one has any idea. He's coming off Achilles surgery — and early. Looked fine running in a straight line in Nashville. All we know is he passed his physical and conditioning test. Beyond that, even the Patriots don't know.
- The 2018 Thomas with the Texans was solid. Doesn't have any breakaway speed, but he has strong hands and can sit down in a zone. Plus, he's still very big.
- The issues he's always had — toughness, clutch ability, dealing with physical competitors — will always be there. Plus now he has the Achilles to deal with. Will be interesting if he has any explosion left.
- So the Red Sox got the tying run to second base with no outs in the ninth inning, and Xander Bogaerts ran into the first out at third. And then Chris Owings was doubled off first base to end it. Splendid.
- And this was a night where they could have picked up a game in the standings. Fail.
- A new reality for the Sox without Chris Sale.
- Gordon Hayward sounds ready to go.
Time to hit the links...
McAdam: With Chris Sale gone for the year, reality begins to set in
BSJ Game Report: Phillies 3, Red Sox 2 – Win streak ends at five as Sox come up one short
Live Q & A: Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 5 p.m.
11 a.m.: LLWS — Louisiana vs. New Jersey (ESPN)
3 p.m.: LLWS — South Korea vs. Japan (ESPN)
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/NBA
7 p.m.: MLB — Phillies at Red Sox (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: LLWS — Hawaii vs. Virginia (ESPN)
[table id=224 /]
Didn't know they grew them so big in Elizabeth, N.J...
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.