A few random thoughts while I wonder how much worse this season could get for Dave Dombrowski...
- It's never good when you lose your ace, but I have to ask this question: With how Chris Sale has pitched this season and that he was basically a relief pitcher/opener last postseason, are the Red Sox' playoff hopes really all that dimmed without Sale?
- Obviously I know having "Chris Sale" boosts anyone, but when was the last time he was a Cy Young candidate? Middle of last year?
- I don't care what anyone says, this has to be related to the injury from last year when they decided rest was the right path. Offseason surgery wouldn't have helped?
- Julian Edelman is back off PUP. Right on schedule.
- Ryan Allen was released. This was coming for a while. They traded up into the fifth round for Jake Bailey, and his leg is just unreal.
- Josh Gordon was visible at the Patriots. No surprise. I expect him to be activated on Friday or Saturday.
- I have the feeling Bill Belichick is testing Jarrett Stidham, and Mike Vrabel might have helped him out in that regard.
- Plus all the bells and whistles: unit grades, game chart, 3 up/3 down for the offense.
- I'm ready to see some starters in action.
Time to hit the links...
5 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7 p.m.: MLB — Phillies at Red Sox (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: LLWS — Rhode Island vs. New Jersey (ESPN)
[table id=224 /]
Jimmy's on his way to being the Patriots' starter in 2020 #allpartofthemasterplan ...
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.