- The Red Sox closed out a stretch that saw them play 34 games in 34 days with an encouraging result, as Boston beat the Indians, 5-1, to win the series out in Cleveland. Xander Bogaerts and the Sox bullpen were the stars in this one.
- The Patriots’ joint practices with the Titans got underway on Wednesday, and both teams were up for some spirited battles. It was a good day for the New England defense, but the team did lose Phillip Dorsett and Maurice Harris during the course of practice.
- To the surprise of no one, Michael Bennett is looking like a force on a versatile Patriots’ defense.
- Looks like Marcus Smart’s calf is still acting up.
- Hang in, folks — the NHL offseason is almost over. Conor will answer all of your questions about the B’s later today.
Time to hit the links...
Sean McAdam is on vacation this week.
10:50 a.m.: Patriots practice at Titans, Thomas Sports Park (Bedard)
Jimmy Garoppolo and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day:
#49ers Jimmy Garoppolo had 5 consecutive passes intercepted, by Moore (2), Sherman, Tartt, Whitherspoon
Broke streak with TD to Jalen Hurd
— Cam Inman (@CamInman) August 14, 2019
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.