A few random thoughts while I wonder how much Bill Belichick will miss the media after this week...
- So the Red Sox dug themselves a 5-1 hole in Cleveland, battled back to get level, and then gave up a walk-off homer ... yup, that will just about do it.
- They're like the Bizarro Sox. Everything Alex Cora touched turned to gold last year. This year it's pewter.
- Hey, at least Chris Owings didn't lead off. Mookie Betts, after that day off on Sunday, returned to the lead-off spot and was 0 for 4 and is now batting .280 ... bizarro.
- Over in PatsLand, the Patriots got some great news with Isaiah Wynn taking part in competitive drills. I liked what I saw.
- Had a good one-on-one chat with Dont'a Hightower. That will be out in the morning.
- Patriots traded for athletic Falcons TE Eric Saubert. His calling card so far is special teams snaps.
- My new 53-man roster is out. Some guys you'd probably like to cut are getting guaranteed money.
- Mammoth chat. Thanks for the questions!
- Chatted a little with Bruce Cassidy at Patriots practice. No, I didn't ask him about Game 7 or trading Tuukka Rask. Seemed to be in good spirits with his kids. Mentioned how a few guys are looking to add a little muscle this offseason. We also discussed a little youth hockey. Good dude, that Butch.
Time to hit the links...
Patriots Camp Report 08.12.19: Isaiah Wynn takes a big step, Harry and LaCosse out
Video: Isaiah Wynn on returning to competitive drills
Live Coverage: Patriots trade for Falcons TE Eric Saubert, Croston back? Final practices
Road to 53, v.19.03: Guaranteed money, scheme fit could be big factors in final decisions
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots/NFL 08.12.19
10:30 a.m.: Patriots practice (Gillette Stadium)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Indians (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.