A few random thoughts while I wonder who needed an ark overnight (I'm here all week)...
- Our long regional nightmare is over (especially after the Celtics, Bruins Game 7 and, ugh, the Red Sox): the Patriots are playing a football game at 7:30 p.m. against the Lions.
- Don't expect many of the vets to play, but there's plenty of interesting players to watch.
- There also some roster spots up for grabs. I talked to two veterans on the spot: Duron Harmon and Elandon Roberts. Patriots would pick up over $4 million in cap space if they move on.
- The rookies received numbers. Right now, N'Keal Harry has Josh Gordon's No. 10. Does that mean anything? No idea. But if Gordon is reinstated, he could always make an offer. Maybe Harry has his eye on a number of a veteran. He wore No. 1 at Arizona State. Cam Meredith has that ... for now.
- Typical of this Red Sox season ... Nathan Eovaldi blew another save, then it started pouring and now they'll have to play a few outs on Aug. 22. Great.
- But, Mike Trout is coming to town. Maybe Mookie can learn a few things from the reigning superstar.
- Marcus Smart got dinged at Team USA camp.
- Karson Kuhlman time for the Bruins?
Time to hit the links...
Bedard: Elandon Roberts & Duron Harmon know increased competition puts their spots in jeopardy
Patriots rookie numbers released: Harry (10), J. Williams (33), Winovich (50), Stidham (4) among notables
Video: LB Chase Winovich – ‘I’m OK with being judged, I’ve been judged my whole life’
Video: TE Matt LaCosse – ‘You have to earn that opportunity’
Video: LB Shilique Calhoun – ‘I look forward to competing in general’
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL
7 p.m.: NFL — Jets at Giants (NFLN)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Angels at Red Sox (NESN)
7:30 p.m.: NFL — Patriots at Lions (Ch. 4/98.5-FM)
10 p.m.: NFL — Chargers at Cardinals (NFLN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.