- It was a rough day for the Red Sox on Wednesday, with Boston dropping its third game in a row and losing a home series against the Rays. Rick Porcello was rocked for six runs in 5.2 innings, and now has an ERA of 9.35 over his last seven starts.
- Of course, the big news over at Fenway on Wednesday was Boston ultimately standing pat at the trade deadline, with Dave Dombrowski set to stick with the guys already in the clubhouse as the Sox look to stay in the race for a Wild-Card spot. Meanwhile, clubs like the Astros (Zack Greinke) and the Indians (Franmil Reyes & Yasiel Puig) either put themselves over the top or addressed some major areas of need.
- Tom Brady addressed the media for the first time at Patriots training camp on Wednesday, discussing a number of topics — including the state of the offense, Josh Gordon, bulking up this summer and his contract status.
- Bedard on the Patriots' current situation over at left tackle.
- Bit of a rough day from the Patriots’ offense in Practice No. 6 of training camp.
- Good stuff from B-Robb on an overlooked deal that paved the way for Kevin Garnett’s arrival in Boston back in 2007.
- Conor will answer all of your offseason questions about the Bruins/NHL later this evening.
Time to hit the links...
Patriots Camp Report 07.31.19: Offense had terrible day at office and it was mostly self-inflicted
Bedard: The Patriots LT situation, from Wynn; Skipper to pieces they possess for a Trent Williams deal
Video: Tom Brady: Days like today are frustrating for us;
The most significant quotes from Tom Brady and what they really mean
McAdam: As deadline passes, question lingers: Were Sox unable or just unwilling to upgrade?
BSJ Game Report: Rays 8, Red Sox 5; Losing streak stretches to 3 as Porcello rocked
McAdam: Time for Red Sox bold bullpen move is now; not this winter
9:45 a.m.: Patriots training camp
4 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL offseason; Thursday at 4 p.m.
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Rays at Red Sox (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Rick Porcello was NOT thrilled with his performance on Wednesday.
— Red Sox Stats (@redsoxstats) July 31, 2019