A few random thoughts while I wonder how hot it's going to get this week...
- I'm probably more guilty of this than a lot of people, but I keep expecting the Red Sox from last year to show up. Maybe it's because of the 2018 Patriots, but I still think it's going to happen.
- But how many more times do we need to see a repeat of this weekend to admit this team maybe just doesn't have it?
- They come out of the gate on Friday night and get a win. OK, here we go, after the All-Star Break, they're going to take off. Sale and Price coming up with rest...
- Then Chris Sale bombs AGAIN on Saturday. And then the bullpen and lineup can't keep pace with the Dodgers in extra innings on Sunday.
- Now the Sox are back to 10 games back in the AL East at 2.5 in the wild-card. At least the Blue Jays are coming to town.
- I don't know what it's going to take to give up on this team, but something is just not right with this team. They're so much better than this.
- I think it's going to come down to Mookie and Sale. If they take off, the Sox have a chance to do anything. If this is what they are, the Sox are toast.
- If you're at the 98.5 Sportshub golf tournament, say hi!
Time to hit the links...
McAdam: Baserunning blunder sticks out in extra-inning defeat
BSJ Game Report: Dodgers 7, Red Sox 4 (12): Sox eventually run out of time, chances
MLB Notebook: With price going down for rentals, Red Sox might still be able to improve bullpen
NBA Notebook: Grizzlies pick trending in right direction for Celtics this offseason
Carsen Edwards enters the record books, Grant Williams looks human and other takeaways from the C’s loss to Grizzlies
7:10 p.m.: MLB — Blue Jays at Red Sox (NESN)
9 p.m.: NBA Summer League — Championship (ESPN2)
9 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Bedard on Patriots/anything else
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.