A few random thoughts while I wonder what we're all going to do today, the worst sports day of the year...
- Maybe this was a sign that Alex Cora is getting his deft groove back ... he was money last night in the All-Star Game and made all the right moves, both on the field and off it.
- Cora brought in Twins pitcher José Berríos, so he could face Cubs shortstop Javier Baéz, his brother-in-law.
- During the Stand Up to Fight Cancer portion, Cora held up a sign for "Macuco," his father.
- Had Mookie Betts take one for the team and not get an AB.
- Called on a Yankee, Aroldis Chapman, to close it out.
- Had CC Sabathia come out as the pitching coach to be honored in front of the Cleveland fans. That was awesome.
- And wasn't it freaking great to seeing Terry Francona and Cora working together on the bench?
- Welcome to the worst sports day of the year. But, there are a bunch of Boston teams/athletes up for ESPYs.
Time to hit the links...
Brad Stevens is excited for Celtics’ next chapter in wake of Kyrie Irving’s departure
Four takeaways from the Celtics’ win over the Nuggets
Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics/NBA at 10 p.m. Wednesday
Brad Stevens believes Celtics’ rookies could contribute ‘right away’
Celtics agree to two-way deal with Tremont Waters
Final: Celtics 95, Nuggets 82 — C’s improve to 3-0 with another big fourth quarter
Could Celtics have done more to retain Al Horford?
Winning Plays Podcast: Breaking down East post-Kawhi departure and first impressions from summer league
8 p.m.: ESPYs (ABC)
10 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — B-Robb on Celtics/Summer League
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.