A few random thoughts while I wonder how times Alex Cora has muttered under his breath about whoever suggested the team's pitching approach in spring training ...
- Happy 4th of July everyone. Hope you have a great day filled with family and friends.
- Chris Sale had another rough start, this one was caused by the three bombs he gave up to the Blue Jays. The Yankees beat the Mets, so the Red Sox are back to 11 games back in AL East.
- Obviously the Sox aren't going anywhere unless Sale starts pitching like the ace he is on a more consistent basis. The scary part: we haven't even gotten to the part of the season when his body starts to break down a little bit and he needs some rest.
- Devers stayed hot ... but can we please move Andrew Benintendi out of the 5 hole? He looks completely lost. Might as well give Christian Vazquez a look. Dude is ripping the cover off the ball.
- Good look at the big questions that loom on the Celtics' roster by B-Robb. You hoop heads will enjoy the nitty-gritty.
- If you wanted to know where the unheralded Brett Ritchie and Par Lindholm fit on the Bruins' roster, Conor Ryan has you covered. Some interesting heat maps.
- The Patriots' second-round pick, CB Joejuan Williams, is a perfect example of the team's draft-and-develop program. While they would love it if he grabbed a major role early — and that would give them a good problem with too many guys who can play (hello, trades) — they definitely aren't counting on that. Williams is free to develop at his own pace, and the Patriots will be just fine either way.
Time to hit the links...
2 p.m.: Golf — 3M Open (Golf)
7:07 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Blue Jays (NESN)
9 p.m.: MLS — Revolution at Colorado (NBCSN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at email@example.com.