A few random thoughts while I wonder if the Red Sox have announced open closer tryouts yet...
- Celtics got their big man in Enes Kanter. Good scouting report by B-Robb. Really worried about his defense, which was a team issue last year. And I expect his outside shooting to pickup under Brad Stevens. Good offensive player.
- Nathan Eovaldi to the closer role? There are plenty of reasons not to like this move — and Sean lays them all out — but what option did the Red Sox really have considering their cap issues? (BTW, every single Boston team now has cap issues ... this is the price of success, and the fans will take it.)
- I'm going to go off the board and say that I like this move. This has to be an Alex Cora production because he needs to sell Eovaldi on it, but the guy has the stuff and makeup to be an excellent closer, and it will make the Sox better.
- Bruins are virtually paralyzed by their cap issues, and somebody has to be sent out. Who is it? Torey Krug has the most value. Too bad Peter Chiarelli isn't in the league anymore, he'd definitely take David Krejci.
- Excited for the US women in action later today. I wouldn't take the Lionesses lightly. But the US is just too good.
Time to hit the links...
Scouting report: What Enes Kanter can do for the Celtics
Winning Plays Podcast: Goodbye Al Horford, Hello Enes Kanter
Enes Kanter agrees to a two-year deal with Celtics
Resetting the Celtics’ free-agent options at center
McAdam: Moving Nathan Eovaldi to the bullpen reeks of desperation
McAdam: How the Red Sox have boxed themselves into a corner as trade deadline looms
Live Q & A: Chat Red Sox and MLB with Sean McAdam, Tuesday at 6 p.m.
Marcus Johansson’s time in Boston is all but over – and it’s going to take an in-house effort to replace him
What do the Bruins have in Brett Ritchie & Par Lindholm, losing Noel Acciari & more NHL free-agency thoughts
BSJ Match #18 Breakdown & Review: Revolution 2, Dynamo 1 – Revs react and improve to steal 3 points
Revolution/Soccer Notes: Some bits and bobs from the weekend in soccer
Playing with a heavy heart, Delamea made the nylon weep
3 p.m.: Women's World Cup — Semifinal: US vs. England (FOX)
6 p.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — McAdam on Red Sox/MLB
7:07 p.m.: MLB — Red Sox at Blue Jays (NESN)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.