A few random thoughts while I wonder which draft is more useless, MLB or NHL?
- We all thought we had the mercurial Red Sox figured out when they went on the road, extended their winning streak to six games, took 2 of 3 from the MLB-best Twins, and then came home to start a homestand with a win over the terrible Blue Jays.
- Then the bullpen imploded on Saturday night and Marcus Strohman owned the Sox on Sunday and now they're back to 8 games behind in the AL East. Sigh. What a tough team to figure out.
- Some Bruins fans are afraid the Bruins drafted another Trent Frederic — a low-ceiling guy — in the first round in John Beecher.
- How does anyone follow the NHL draft? Most of these guys go to play in college or Major Juniors or in Europe where they are coached by people other than the Bruins' coaches. How is that any sort of development program?
- Kyrie hated everything about Boston, apparently. Good call, Danny. Way to not trade him during the season.
- This is sure to infuriate Celtics fans:
Time to hit the links...
NHL Notebook: Bruins prioritize depth, potential down middle as 2019 Draft comes to a close
2019 NHL Draft: Quick reactions on Bruins’ selections in Rounds 2-7
Bruins take C John Beecher 30th: What is Boston getting with speedy power forward?
Noon: Women's World Cup — US vs. Spain (FS1)
3 p.m.: Women's World Cup — Sweden vs. Canada (FS1)
7 p.m.: CBASE — CWS: Michigan vs. Vanderbilt, Game 1 (ESPN)
7:10 p.m.: MLB — White Sox at Red Sox (NESN)
9 p.m.: NBA Awards (TNT)
[table id=224 /]
Need help? See a typo? Problems with your account? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.